Black tea is a type of tea that is more oxidized than oolong, green and white teas. It is generally stronger in flavor than the less oxidized teas. While green tea usually loses its flavor within a year, black tea retains its flavor for several years. It is also refereed to as Red tea and has several health benefits, but that does not mean that we should over indulge in it. Remember that its still a tea, but an excellent substitute over other tea choices. Here are few of them…
-It’s an excellent antioxidant which prevents us from toxin chemicals . It has polyphenols, an antioxidant which is not present in other edible items like fruits and vegetables, and therefore is good to consume. It is also good for digestion. The tannis in it helps in gastric and intestinal problems and helps in maintaining a good health of stomach.
– It also reduces the risk of having type 2 diabetes.
– It stimulates the metabolism and respiratory system and also has less caffeine, therefore acts as a power drink without harming the system. One cup of black tea has about half the amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee.
– Long-term consumption of black tea slightly lowers the blood pressure.
– It is also beneficial in maintaining good hair health as it has antioxidants and right amount of caffeine for a good scalp health. It helps in increasing hair thickness and controlling hair loss. It can also be used as a good rinse after shampooing the hair for an extra shine and bounce.
– Polyphenols and tannins present in black tea accelerate the process of skin regeneration. It is said that it is also beneficial in skin ageing, wrinkles and blemishes when consumed in moderate amounts in regular basis.
– Amino acid L-theanine found in black tea can help you relax and concentrate better by reducing stress hormone cortisol.
– It helps in maintainting oral health too, by reducing plaque formation, as well as restricts bacteria growth that promotes the formation of cavities and tooth decays.
Content Reference- Wikipedia
Image reference- Tudatosvasarlo