In Hinduism, Om is one of the most important spiritual symbols and refers to the soul and self within. It is a part of the iconography found in ancient and medieval era manuscripts, temples, monasteries and spiritual retreats in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The symbol has a spiritual meaning in Indian mythology and culture. It is the most sacred mantra to follow before and after any spiritual, ceremonial offerings. It is also practiced during yoga and meditation, and is said to have amazing healing and spiritual energies. It is said that we should practice it for few minutes everyday, while praying or during doing meditation to come closer to our inner self being or the spiritual self. The physical form of Lord Ganesha is said to be that of OM.
Here are few reasons why we should chant the sacred mantra OM…..
– One of the most important and well known fact about chanting the mantra is that it improves concentration. When we close our eyes and chant this mantra, we are automatically directed to a imaginary Om figure and we tend to concentrate on this image.
– It also helps in a sound sleep. Meditate and Chant Om before sleeping, this will help in promoting a sound sleep over the time. A sound sleep helps in minimizing stress, therefore it also helps in relieving the stress.
– It also helps in controlling the blood pressure by ensuring good blood circulation. Chanting Om is also a breathing process, therefore it also makes the respiratory system strong and releases toxins from the body. It is also good for the health of the heart.
– While chanting the mantra, one is supposed to sit straight therefore this position over a period of time helps in correcting our body posture and strengthens the spinal cord.
– The most important of all, it helps in bringing peace to the mind and balances the relation between mind and body. you feel more connected to our inner self and self being as it connects you to our spiritual soul. Since you are at peace therefore our mind finds better solutions to our problems too.
Image Reference: Livingalingment.com