Winters are here, and who does not loves to enjoy a hot cup of chai or tea to beat the cold. Every part of India is very much familiar with this drink, and it wont be wrong to say that it’s a national drink loved by everyone. Though it has many variations but a hot cup of Masala chai is what makes your day in winters. Masala chai is basically a mixed spice tea, made by brewing black tea with a mixture of aromatic Indian spices and herbs. A wide variety of herbs are used to make this particular chai, but the ingredients can be altered according to the taste and availability.
Here is a recipe to make a delicious cup of Masala Chai…. So try it and enjoy…
MASALA CHAI RECIPE
– In a saucepan add water and the spices like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Do crush them before using so that all the flavors blend in nicely with the water.
– When the water comes to a boil, add Black tea leaves and milk according to your taste. Boil for a couple of minutes. You can also add few Tulsi leaves to fight against cold and other winter infections, though it is not a part of the recipe but you can try it for health benefits.
– Once done switch off the flame, and strain the mixture in a cup. Add sugar according to your taste and enjoy.
– Other add on spices used for this recipe are peppercorns, fennel seeds, star anise and nutmeg. You can also grind all the spices and keep them in an air tight container for daily use. This will save your time.
VANILLA MASALA CHAI LATTE
– This vanilla flavored chai is surely a treat to your taste buds. The basic ingredients remains the same, just add vanilla beans or concentrate to the tea mixture for an aromatic rich flavor. Also add few orange peel for a fruity and refreshing flavor.
Image reference: Foodess.com, adashofmegnut.com