I am a big big fan of plain sarees, they look so gorgeous and you never go wrong with them. They are great for every occasion. But often do we feel as how to style them in the best possible way.
Well here are few tips…..
– Style plain sarees with a belt at the waist, it could be a plain leather one, or a macrame belt or even the ethnic embroidered ones. They all look interesting and acts as an interesting element along with giving a stylish look.
– Team plain sarees with corsets, they make an interesting fusion pair. Corsets can be in a plain material or even embroidered, go for a shiny contrast embroidery or choose a tone on tone one. One more thing which you can add is a small frill cape around the neck for a old world charm look, or a cape in macrame’ like in the first picture, you can also include an embroidered or textured tulle one for a see through effect.
– Pair plain sarees with brocade blouses for a traditional ethnic look. Brocades have rich textures and colors which compliment the plain base of the sarees.
– Combine traditional or contemporary jewelry with the plain sarees. They provide the perfect base to flaunt the precious and favorite of the jewels from your collection.
– If you want a contemporary look for your saree and find it boring wearing it again and again, then give them a twist by creating a knotted style palla, or a palla which is pre pleated with a patch of embroidery for a all new look.
– Plain sarees look interesting with printed blouses, you can pair them up with nice florals, or a print in tone on tone effect.
– How about wearing them with broaches, interesting broaches can be used to fasten palla at the shoulder.
– If you love Indian textiles, then you will understand what we are talking about. Pair these sarees with a tie and dye textured blouses, or even other Indian fabrics like Ikats, Bagh, Bagru etc., they all add nice colors and textures to the look.
– Pair them with embroidered blouses, tulle or net looks best with the plain saree. You can have an embroidered blouse on net in tone on tone embroidery or even the silk blouses with contrast embroidery looks great.