Lohri is a festival of joy, colors and food. It is widely celebrated in Punjab as a gesture of good harvest.
But it is also a festival of dressing up in bright and beautiful colors. Especially in phulkari inspired attires and mix and matches.
Since Phulkari is a traditional embroidery of Punjab, and is used in every important occasion and festivals, therefore it can be used as an inspiration for Lohri dressing.
Here are few options as how to pep up your Lohri dressing with a hint of tradition….
– Phulkari dupattas are the best option to glam up any piece of dressing. Team them up with plain salwar kurtas, and they will be enough to jazz up your dressing.
– Phulkari juttis are also something to look out for. Whether you are wearing a traditional attire or casual denims or a dress, they go with everything and add a touch of tradition to the attire too. Nowadays even heels are available in phulkari patterns, so if you like wearing high heels, you still have an option to explore.
– Colorful Phulkari waistcoats are still in fashion. Team them up with plain kurtas, or wear it over your favourite T-shirt or a kurta, it goes well with denims too. Long jackets in phulkari are good for the season too, as they will keep you protected against the cold.
– Well if you do not want to dress much or if you are thinking of sticking to your western wear for the festival, then you can simply wrap around a phulkari stole around and still manage to look the best.
– Sometime just an accessory does the wonder. Carry a nice phulkari embroidered clutch or a bag and it will give a touch of tradition to your attire.
Image reference: Pinterest